Okay, so most of you know, I've been oscillating about Fiji. I have applied for a part time 12hr a week art therapy position working with children, which if I get, may cut my trip short. But with only 5 and half weeks to go, all I can say for now is - it's still on!
And I am really looking forward to getting away to have some island time with Jesus!
![]() |
| I saw a picture of Jesus inviting me into this relaxing calm island space at church while we were praying for some missionaries on July the 14th…long before I knew about Fiji! |
God has been doing amazing things in my life over the past couple of months. I wish I could update you on it all. But to summarise he has been realigning me to himself. Showing me that I've been so focused on finding my calling that I missed my real calling, which is to - seek his face! Yes, God has been inviting me into a deeper intimate relationship with him. And I feel that Fiji will be a wilderness time for me, a place where God is leading me in order that he can speak tenderly to me there. Hosea 2:14
I have 2 prayer requests:
1. For spiritual safety & wisdom.
Last night God showed me in a dream that I am being targeted for some spiritual attack, so I would really appreciate prayers for protection and wisdom in how God wants me to stand at this time. He has already given me Psalm 40!
2. For God's clear guidance & direction as I sort & pack up all of my belongings.
Yes, before I leave, I need to deal with this…my not so secret shame:
| My bedroom. |
| My art studio. |
I hate this mess & I began cleaning up last year, when I felt God told me to get rid of everything. Sell all my possessions & give to the poor, rich young ruler style. This completely threw a spanner in my works!! What does he mean by everything?! Am I to walk around naked?! So it is November again, & I've made very little visible progress, as I've been grappling for an entire year with how to trust him & obey him with "everything". If I give it all up, what about the future? What about my career? My art making? My animation? Is this really what he's asking me? Big stuff to try & sort out. What can I say, as a teen I was inspired by the story of Sadhu Sundar Singh. He lived a very extreme life as a missionary with no home or possessions.
"I am not worthy to follow in the steps of my Lord, but like Him I want no home, no possessions. Like Him I will belong to the road, sharing the suffering of my people, eating with those who will give me shelter, and telling all people of the love of God."God compared my attachment & addiction to my stuff, to an ungodly relationship & is really asking me to let it go in order for me to grow in relationship with him. My parents are also moving while I am away, which means I need to clear my stuff so that they can sell their house. They want to repaint & recarpet next week, which means I need everything in these two rooms out (or at least downstairs) by then. So your prayers in sorting & moving would be most appreciated!!!
Vinaka! (Thank you so much!)

No comments:
Post a Comment