At church on Sunday the Eleventh a couple days after my previous post announcing the collapse of my mission plans to Rwanda, Teri Kempe shared that she was going to Fiji. As I heard her talking about it, I felt such excitement in my Spirit & instantly wanted to go! Teri is going with my mutual friend, Lenore, a lovely 70 year old lady, who I worked with at Ellel Ministries. They feel God is calling them to live there. I asked Teri if I could join them, and she said they would love to have me join them!
So Fiji (or Viti) is the new plan!!!
I joined them on Sunday night for dinner and we met Principal Mika, who gave us a presentation about his school - Basden Anglican school. It is a very poor school with limited funding. I think he has 200 students in 2 rooms. He would like to be able to offer his students Hospitality and Trade skills, so that they will have an advantage to find employment when they graduate.
Teri & Lenore have just come back from Fiji. They shared their testimonies and the gospel at the school and the students were greatly impacted. One girl asked Teri & Lenore to pray for their Dad who she said was angry all the time (in fact he beat her regularly). So they went to her house and the Father shared his story with them, one of utter brokenness. He had never known or experienced any love. So they told him about Jesus love for him and prayed with him. He was transformed. He waited for his daughter to come home and apologised to her for his anger and violence.
Another student asked Teri & Lenore to pray for her mother who was paralysed and bedridden. The mother received some prayer but wanted them to pray for her sister who had cancer. So they went and prayed for the sister. As they came back to the mother's house she was sitting on a chair at the doorway. She had enough healing that she could get out of bed!!
God is doing things in Fiji! So we bought our tickets on Monday and we leave on the 28th of December. I will stay for four months on a visitors visa. I will be looking to see if God opens any doors for me to go back and stay on a long term basis.
Both Teri and I have been experiencing some spiritual resistance. We want to be completely Holy Spirit led and not pushed into doing things by compulsion, guilt or any other religious spirited trap. We would greatly appreciate your prayers as we prepare for this journey.
God gave me this word in my devotional after we bought the tickets which I feel is our mission statement or vision for this trip.
It confirmed a word God gave me in 2006, that I am to be a "repairer of broken walls," Isaiah 58:12 and this picture he gave me in 2008 of master builders consulting the blueprint plans for this city that they wanted to rebuild after the devastation of war which represents, God's plans for our lives, as he consults with Jesus to begin reconstruction from the ground up.
![]() |
| God the Father consults with Jesus about restoring your life. |
Personally I am excited and honoured to join and serve Teri & Lenore (the 2 Grannies) in whatever way I can, as they embark on this exciting journey to follow God wherever he leads!! As Lenore says,
"Where He leads, I will follow, what He feeds me, I will swallow!!"
![]() |
| The 2 Grannies! |





No comments:
Post a Comment