Teri got a phone call on Friday that a school had collected some donations for Basden… 86 boxes worth! So today we unloaded, unpacked and repacked them all ready for the half container. Luckily we're using kennards boxes rather than tea chests!
 |
| 86 boxes of text books & stationery supplies. |
 |
| Wonderful volunteers helped us unpack & repack. |
 |
| Bernd came at the drop of the hat & worked so hard. Thank you so much!! |
 |
| Empty boxes! |
 |
| If you don't keep moving, you get boxed…even you Teri! |
 |
| Teri hard at work! |
 |
| Nothing goes to waste. I took most of these boxes home to pack my things into! |
We got most of it done and all of the boxes moved inside before the rain started! The container leaves on Christmas day and I will be in Fiji when it arrives. I can't wait to be there when they are unpacking them all! They will squeal with delight!
When Teri & Lenore visited earlier in the year, they bought out most of the local stores stationery supplies for Va the PMAC teacher (Physical ed, Music, Art & Craft). She was so blessed, and then she cried when she saw the plastic forks they had bought her. Teri was upset! Had she done something wrong?
Va replied, "You've taken our shame away!"
Whenever they had visitors they would offer them cake, but they had no forks to offer the visitors, and they would feel bad making the visitors eat with their fingers. This is the beautiful heart of Va, she did not think of using the forks herself, but for visitors.
…I can't wait to see what happens when she sees all these beautiful donations, and the new art supplies I bought her!
No comments:
Post a Comment