I loved my lazy Sunday afternoon farewell! Thank you so much for coming and supporting me. I felt very loved!
For those who couldn't make it, or sadly weren't invited because you aren't a regular Sonset peep (sorry!), I shared a little about how Fiji has been like a left field idea to me, but as I've been sorting through my artworks, I discovered God has been whispering to my heart about Fiji for some time...
| 2010, painting on foil created at my Macquarie Mental Health Hospital placement. |
| 2012, painted glass necklace created at the end of my art therapy course for another student as a symbol of rest & recovery. |
Each eraser represents a different prayer point:
Sunglasses: that I will see what God wants me to see in Fiji and that I will see the Fijian people with God’s eyes of love. “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!” 1 John 3:1
Shoe: that God would lead & direct my steps to the right people and that I will equip them with everything God wants to give them for their own walk with him. “… for the sake of your name lead and guide me.” Psalm 31:3
Lifesaver: for Lenore, Teri & I, that we won’t be overwhelmed with the level of need but that God will keep us in unity, surrounded by his peace, and buoyant with joy! “You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence” Psalm 16:11.
Music: that this trip will bring God glory and praise. “He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.” Psalm 40.
Uke: that God will use my talents and abilities for his glory and his purposes. “Bless all his skills, Lord, and be pleased with the work of his hands.” Deut 33:11
Palm Tree: for spiritual covering. “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalm 91.

No comments:
Post a Comment